Friday, August 20, 2010

So...what do you do...?


"So...what do you do?"
"I'm a fetish photographer."

Oh we have all had it happen at some point or another. We are at a bar, a cocktail party, an art gallery opening or some other gathering of new people who are just dying to find out what everyone else does. But after I am asked this question, things get rather interesting for me. There are those who have no idea of how to react and simply nod and walk away. There are also those who give a disapproving look and walk away. I have also encountered those people who give a knowing look and then who may or may not engage me in further conversation about the issue. Or a combination of the above. But I would have to say that for the most part, the career of a fetish photographer is a misunderstood one by many.

My name if Fenton Ayres and I am a fetish photographer here in Albuquerque. I guess if you wanted to get even more picky about it, I'm an artist, whose medium is photography and who happens to enjoy capturing subjects of an erotic and/or fetish nature. I have been a member of the fetish/kink community for over 30 years now and I have been active in the fetish and BDSM community in Albuquerque for quite some time now...for over 20 years. I feel that the fetish and BDSM communities are both grossly misunderstood by mainstream culture in a variety of ways and I hope to address a great deal of those misconceptions here. I use my photography as a means to both open a glimpse into this world and to also challenge people's perceptions as well.

I am honored to be blogging for Self Serve and I look forward to sharing with you more in the  future.

Until next time,

Be Well!

Fenton Ayres
Desert Penguin Photos
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: